Switch Off Your Mind, Light Up Your Life
This step-by-step program will help you effortlessly kick the habit of compulsive thinking and negative self-talk to experience the natural state of peace, happiness and inner freedom within.
This life-changing online course is based on one simple insight:
The peace, happiness and inner freedom you long for already exist within you... in this very moment, just as you are.
You don't need to fix, change or improve yourself in any way to find it.
Learn, through being more present and self-aware, to quiet the mind and you will experience for yourself that the peace and inner calm you seek is always available just beneath the surface movement of the mind.
In this course, I'll show you a completely different way to relate to the mind—a way that will help you effortlessly break free from the trap of unconscious thinking, cut out 95% of the noisy and unproductive traffic in your head; and when the mind becomes quiet enough, to directly experience the natural sense of peace, contentment and inner freedom that exists at the core of your being.
Before I get into the details of this life-changing program, let's talk about who it's for...
This course is for you if you have an overactive mind won't leave you in peace and haven't yet figured out how to switch it off at will, (yes, there is a simple way!) to take back control and start living the rich and fulfilling life you deserve.
- a chronic over thinker who has suffered for years from patterns such as anxiety, fear, guilt, or self-judgment and have tried all the conventional ways to break free, without success.
- a self-help junky (that was me) who has spent years "working on yourself" — always trying to improve yourself in the hope that one day you'll be happy and at peace.
- someone who, at some point, has had a glimpse into a deeper, more expansive, more vibrant and alive inner experience…. and you long to get back there. You want to dive deeper into the peace of your true nature.
- a healer, therapist, yoga, or mindfulness teacher looking to both deepen your own experience and understanding of the mind AND pick up some powerful new tools, practices and meditations to help transform the lives of your clients.
If any of these speak to you... you’re in the right place.
With its 7+ hours of video content and guided meditations, "Switch Off Your Life, Light Up Your Life" will give you all the guidance, tools, support and inspiration you need to break free from the trap of overthinking for good and tap into a newfound sense of joy, peace, aliveness and freedom.Enroll now!
By the end of this program you will have..
Grasped the all-important distinction between seeking peace OF mind (which is pretty much impossible) and making peace WITH the mind, just as it is. The first approach takes years, the second is immediate!
Learned how to stop being a slave to your thoughts through breaking out of autopilot mode—how to take back control of the mind and consciously use it as the tool it’s intended to be rather than being run ragged by it.
Understood the 7 false beliefs that keep pretty much everyone trapped in their heads for life— and how a simple shift in understanding alone can help you break free of mind-created suffering for good.
Learned how to be present and consciously withdraw your attention from the ever-changing content of the mind and fix it instead on the unchanging awareness at the core of your being that is ever content, ever at peace.
Learned the one simple insight that will help you instantly cut out 95% of the troublesome and unproductive thought traffic in your head.
This insight alone is priceless—worth the entire course fee!
Directly experienced, through guided meditation, the deep, unfathomable peace that remains when the mind subsides. You’ll learn to distinguish between the mental experience of peace that comes and goes and the unchanging peace of your true nature.
Meet Richard Paterson
I'm a former monk, meditation coach, spiritual teacher and author who has been helping people find peace and inner freedom for the past 25 years or so.
On a meditation retreat back in 2004, I made an extraordinary discovery about the mind... one that completely changed my life.
Before that, I had been “working on myself” for years — trying every conceivable way to heal my many inner conflicts, in the belief that this would eventually lead to peace and happiness.
And then I met my teacher, who introduced me to a radically different approach, an approach which quickly led to an experience of deep peace that was unlike anything I’d known before, a peace that was unrelated to what was going on in my mind.
I learned how a simple shift in focus and understanding alone can allow anyone to still the mind and access the deep, unshakeable peace that is ever-present beneath the surface.
Peace is your true nature. To find it, you just need a guide to show you where to look.
And now, 20 years and three books later, I've fine-tuned the art of leading others to the exact same discovery.
I will show you how to experience ongoing peace... no matter what is going on in your mind.
The culmination of more than 20 years teaching experience in which I've led countless meditation retreats, “Switch Off Your Mind, Light Up Your Life” is a unique and comprehensive program that will walk you step-by-step through the process of freeing yourself from the grip of the mind and, as a natural consequence, vastly improve every aspect of your life.
You’ll never look at your mind in the same way again!DISCOVER IT FOR YOURSELF
A WALK THROUGH THE 7 MODULES
LOST IN THINKING—THE HUMAN CONDITION
Everyone, without exception, has a restless monkey mind. When thinking is unconscious and running on autopilot, there are two main consequences;
- we are slaves to the mind and lose our peace and vitality.
- living in our heads, we miss out on the fullness of life NOW.
The conventional solution is to 'work on yourself' for years to try and fix the monkey mind. In Module 1, you'll learn two other solutions which are far simpler, much more effective, and which take no time at all.
You will learn:
- The Raisin Exercise, which will give you a taste of being fully present in the here and now.
- why there’s no need to change or fix the mind to experience ongoing peace.
- the 7 false beliefs that keep most people trapped in their heads forever... and how to instantly be free of them.
how to access the still, silent space within that is not affected by any thought, feeling or emotion.
BE HERE NOW—BREAKING OUT OF AUTOPILOT
- Most of our troubled thinking patterns run on autopilot.
- Becoming present stops unconscious thinking in its tracks.
- Trying to make the mind peaceful through effort is like trying to iron the ocean.
- You’ll never find peace of mind because the mind is restless by nature.
- Making peace with the restless mind is the way to go—accepting that the mind is restless and messed up…. and making peace with that.
You will learn:
- The Noticing Exercise, a powerful exercise to stop thinking in its tracks
- 7 ways to instantly cut out the mind's incessant chatter.
- the No Past, No Future meditation, our first venture into the deep peace of your true nature.
7 STEPS TO INNER FREEDOM
- Recognising the self-arising undercurrent of thoughts and emotions that flows through your awareness all day long and seeing how it cannot be changed.
- Lasting peace comes from a shift in understanding alone—not from changing the content of the mind but from changing the way you relate to it.
- This new perspective wlll allow you to experience peace immediately.
You will learn:
- my signature coaching system, the “7 Steps to Inner Freedom.”
- a powerful meditation to help you change your relationship with thoughts
- the significance of the quote from Nisargadatta: “there is no such thing as peace of mind. Mind is disturbance”
- how to “Light Up Your Life” — to effortlessly tap into the vast and unchanging field of conscious awareness that is your true nature.
RESISTANCE IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF SUFFERING
- The more you resist the mind, the more power you give it… and the more you suffer.
- Understanding the concept of ‘second arrow’ will help you cut out 95% of the mind’s unwanted traffic straight away
- The best way to tame an angry bull is to give him a huge open field to run around in. Same with the mind.
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
You will learn:
- how to be present and watch the mind with an attitude of non-judgmental acceptance.
- how to shut up shop and stop engaging with thoughts (thinking is NOT mandatory).
- how to fire the thought traffic policeman and hang out in the space of no mind instead.
- how to access the vast field of conscious awareness within, where you are already free.
THOUGHTS, THINKING, AND STORYLINES
- Thoughts appear by themselves but thinking is a choice. You can switch off any storyline in any moment, if you choose to.
- The mind is a beautiful servant but a dangerous master. It has as much power as you give it.
- Kicking the thinking habit is like going to the gym. It's simple but requires practice and repetition.
- The mind tells more lies than Pinocchio.
You will learn:
the difference between self-arising thoughts, which can’t be helped, and the habit of thinking which is a choice and can be stopped in any moment.
- a powerful 4-step process to question everything the mind comes up with.
- the origin of the universal belief “there’s something wrong with me” and how clarity can set you free.
- to dive into the unending peace of your true nature with “A Journey Into Yourself” meditation.
- The self-image (who you believe you are) can never be perfected because it is imperfect by nature. The unconditioned self (who you really are) cannot be improved because it is already perfect.
- You don’t need to change a thing about yourself to experience peace. You need to accept yourself just as you are… and in this, there is peace.
- 6 ways to accept yourself more through nurturing an attitude of compassion, kindness and self-love.
- Unconditional peace (or full self-acceptance) comes from discovering who we really are, beyond the ever-changing thoughts, feelings and emotions of the human condition.
You will learn:
- how thoughts are impersonal—a product of your past conditioning—and don’t say a thing about who you are now.
- The RAIN practice— a powerful exercise for dealing with difficult feelings and emotions.
- 3 simple practices to nurture kindness, compassion and self-acceptance.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SELF BETTER
- The most liberating event in your life is the day you discover you are not your thoughts.
- The awareness behind your thoughts is always at peace, always free, always content.
- If you are fully present for even a moment, peace is there. It’s who you already are. You don’t have to look for it or create it.
- The screen doesn't get wet when it rains in the movie. Awareness isn't touched by the thoughts that pass across it.
- Peak experiences and the true Self.
You will learn:
- why switching off your mind is the key to lighting up your life.
- how your heart is a much more reliable compass than your head for navigating your path through life.
- the difference between an existence and a life— and how to make the shift.
- “Dissolving the Self-Image”— a powerful meditation to connect directly with the peace of your true nature.
Here’s a short recap of everything you’ll get when you sign up today for the “Switch Off Your Mind, Light Up Your Life” self-study course.
✨ 7+ hours of video content offering a step-by-step approach to taking back control of your runaway thoughts, cutting out unwanted thinking for good and finding the inner peace and happiness you long for.
✨ 2 unique frameworks. My signature coaching program "The 7 Steps to Inner Freedom" and my unique “7 False Beliefs" framework will help you effortlessly cut out 95% of the unwanted thoughts in your head.
✨ 14 powerful guided meditations, to help you implement the course material not only conceptually but to directly experience for yourself the deep peace and inner freedom at the core of your being.
✨ A step-by-step plan. Becoming free of the mind is a gradual disentangling process that requires practice. Between modules, there will be assignments, exercises, and carefully curated meditation practices to help you achieve this.
✨ Unlimited email support from me should questions arise as you work your way through the content.
✨ 33% discount on 1:1 Zoom coaching sessions.
✨ Life-Time Access so you can always come back to the course anytime you want.
Plus, when you join today, I'm throwing in this special bonus...
the "Help! I Can't Stop Thinking" Bundle
This, my most recent book, includes all my latest tools, strategies and insights to help you quickly quiet the mind and "allow peace, happiness and inner freedom to blossom", as it says in the subtitle.
The bundle includes the .pdf ebook + audiobook + 9 accompanying guided meditations for inner peace (value $97).
Book and Audiobook
HELP! I Can't Stop Thinking
by Richard Paterson
9 Supplementary Meditations for
HELP! I Can't Stop Thinking
by Richard Paterson
Some video testimonials from Carmen, Jennifer and Jessy...
Still on the Fence?
You ought to give “Switch Off Your Mind, Light Up Your Life” a 14-day risk-free try if any of the following speak to you:
✨ You’re really tired of the incessant chatter in your head and the impact it’s having on your quality of life and are beyond ready to do something about it.
✨ You’re a self-help enthusiast who, despite years of working on yourself, feel that nothing much has changed. You’re still looking for that key piece of the puzzle that will bring about a seismic shift in your experience.
✨ Although you’ve been successful in life and feel you SHOULD be happy, everything feels a bit flat, a bit meaningless… like something is missing. You want your sparkle back but you’re not sure how to get it.
✨ You’ve had some kind of an ‘awakening experience’ in the past— a time where you felt more alive, more connected, more joyful perhaps— and you’ve always wanted to get back there.
I'd love to reveal to you the simple and direct path to lasting peace...
What I share in this course changed my own life beyond recognition… and has helped transform the lives of countless others who have read my books, attended my meditation retreats over the years or come to me for individual or group coaching.
The material in the course is a culmination of four decades of spiritual exploration and self-discovery, including 7 years living as a monk, 20 years teaching meditation and many more years sitting cross-legged on dirt floors at the feet of Masters in Indian ashrams.
This is the direct path to peace that they are all pointing towards.
If there’s a topic I know inside out, it’s this:
How to switch off a busy mind and connect with the peace, joy, freedom and inner feeling of connection that you thirst for… even if you don’t know it yet!!
Here’s the truth… and the essence of what I’ll share with you on the course.
Trying to find peace of mind will take you years of effort and hard work and even then, you might never find it.
I've had so many clients who have been down that road for years, or decades even.
I’ll show you how to find peace straight away, no matter what’s going on in your head.
Should you choose to accept this invitation, I guarantee that this will be an eye-opening and life-changing journey for you.
And I'll be there with you every step of the way... via email or 1:1, if you prefer.
I look forward to meeting you inside “Switch Off Your Mind, Light Up Your Life.”
Love and Peace, RichardJOIN ME INSIDE